المشاركات: 41,797

Confused

This is what the Lord says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
Jeremiah 6:16

I am off to our all day square dance workshop and don’t have much time.. but I was fascinated with this verse. It was such a beautiful picture of what to do when you are not sure what to do.. when life is perplexing.. or you have too many choices. We really have so many opportunities and paths to choose from..

But in this verse we are challenged to stand in the ‘old ways’ or take the ancient path.. the path most worn down.. trusted and safe.

As Matthew Henry said, " Oh that men would be wise for their souls! Ask for the old paths; the way of godliness and righteousness has always been the way God has owned and blessed. Ask for the old paths set forth by the written word of God. When you have found the good way, go on in it, you will find abundant recompence at your journey’s end."

How true I have found this to be! Life had gotten so complicated at one point, and in my desperation I finally thought..then I’ll just do that ‘one thing needed’.. simple things like prayer, bible reading, meditation, obedience… and everything cleared up.

The Lord made all the paths straight.. and how restful it has been to my soul!

So glad the Lord made it easy to follow him.. if we give up trying to figure out our ‘circumstances’.. and just set our hearts and affections on Him. We need to do less worrying and figuring.. and more trusting. Confused

Dear Lord, Whatever the circumstances my readers are facing today.. however perplexing they may be.. or unfixable.. please.. give them the grace to trust you and take the simple straight and trusted path--the one straight to your arms. On our knees.. everything gets made plainer. Amen
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 12:57 PM
الصورة الرمزية Mary Naeem
Mary Naeem Mary Naeem غير متواجد حالياً
† Admin Woman †

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2012
الدولة: Egypt
المشاركات: 1,215,894

Thanks Ramez
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 03:28 PM
الصورة الرمزية walaa farouk
walaa farouk walaa farouk متواجد حالياً
..::| الإدارة العامة |::..

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2015
الدولة: مصر
المشاركات: 351,397

Thanks Ramez
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Not to be confused with John the Baptist Mary Naeem English Forum 0 07 - 06 - 2023 09:15 AM
Beginning french for the utterly confused بنتك يايسوع ركن اللغات العالمية 1 22 - 07 - 2014 03:18 PM

الساعة الآن 10:38 AM